Our communication option helps to integrate your DC system within your SCADA.
Not only will you get the updated information at your finger tips, you will also be able to remotely access and modify all control parameters.
Our communication module is based on MODBUS, MODBUS over TCP/IP (Ethernet), DNP3 and IEC61850
Battery Failure Alarm
Having a defective or weak cell in your battery could, not only prevent your battery from doing its job, it could also damage good cells by overcharging or undercharging them during float or equalize periods.
The battery monitor, giving you a warning when a cell is weaker than the others, is a good solution to this problem.
This alarm will be functional under loss of AC.
Temperature Compensation Circuit
As battery temperature rises, battery life shortens. By effectively lowering the charger’s output in reaction to rising battery temperature, your charger will prevent premature positive plate growth, shedding of the active material and excessive water loss.
Battery capacity and test meter
Your battery is the heart of your back up system. Its reliability is paramount.
Automate your routine maintenance battery testing and be instantly informed on your battery’s health as well as its remaining Ah capacity by having this option integrated into your charging system.
Pays for itself in a few months.
Low Volts Disconnect
After an extended power failure, your battery can be drained beyond its capacity to recover.
Use this option to disconnect the load at a preset low voltage setting. Will also help protect your battery warranty.
Integrated DC panel
Is space an issue?
We will integrate your DC distribution panel within the charger and also cut on your installation costs.
High volts shutdown
In the rare event of a charger failure, one of the consequences is that the system might go into a high voltage mode.
Even though Primax chargers are protected by a software high volt shutdown you may want to completely isolate it from its AC source by tripping the AC breaker.
Excessive charger output ripple causes high frequency shallow cycling which causes overcharging and higher battery temperature. By controlling ripple, your charger maintains shallow cycling to a minimum and lengthens the life of your lead-acid batteries especially valve regulated ones. Refer to NEMA PE5 Standards.
OTHER INTERESTING IDEAS
- High ripple alarm: It alerts you when one phase in a 3 phase system fails, 1 SCR leg fails or capacitors age…
- Watchdog circuitry: This circuit will constantly monitor the charger control circuits to insure their proper operation.
- Integrated load bank: This boosts your shallow station load which can be inadequate to perform a load test.
- Battery discharging alarm: Helps you to see when the battery current is negative so the battery is discharging. Note that under certain adverse conditions your battery could start discharging …..
- Low electrolyte level: One sure way of shortening battery life is to let electrolyte fall below acceptable levels. Low electrolyte alarm gives you a warning when this is about to happen. Warns you when electrolyte level drops below a predetermined baseline.
- Redundancy: For improved reliability, redundant chargers, battery or a combination of both, can be implemented…
Additional reading: P4600 SCR chargers, P600 Hot Swap switchmode chargers , P600 EZ Swap switchmode chargers, P850 UPS & inverters